Over 80 years of trust and faith of the nation, we assure an attractive return with solid security and flexibility.
Saubhagya - For a prosperous future, savings deposits make your world even brighter.
To improve the habit of savings of Children from their childhood, as the savings at the country is playing the vital role in investment of the country and simultaneously, children would grow up with a financial support for their educations and other achievement.
- Stability and being a state owned bank
- Highest interest rates.
- Most flexible customer service
- Attractive gift scheme
- Rewards on educational achievements
- A minor savings account holder may be eligible for loan facilities once he/she becomes a major, at the interest rate of 1% lesser than the prevailing rate of the particular product (Conditions apply)
- A special donation will be granted from the bank to the account holder, if the child suffers any illnesses as listed in the product (Conditions apply)
- Children/ minors (below 18 years) are eligible to open an account or operate jointly with a parent/ guardian
Minor Savings accounts
|Special children's savings account with
high interest rate and with attractive gifts.
(for children under 11 years of age.)
|“SARANI” is a specially designed
account to be promoted
children in Sunday schools,
schools, and preschool.
- Minor Savings –( on behalf of minors below 18 years of age).
(“Muthusina” / “Sarani” / “Challenger”)
- Savings Mandate.
- Know Your Customer form. ( KYC form for Father / Mother or Guardian)
- A certified copyof NIC / valid Passport or Driving License of Father Mother of Guardian.
- A certified copy of Certificate of Birth.
- Address verification Document when address is not confirmed from above
e.g.:- Utility bill (excluding Mobile Bill) or any other acceptable document by bank.
- Withholding Tax Declaration of Parent or guardian(if requested).
- Interest is calculated on daily basis and will be credited at the end of the month.
Following gifts will be allocated to the deposit scheme for the incremental deposit made to the account or increase in the savings balance from the stated amount.
For any further details contact SMIB Call Centre on 1922 or 0117 722 722
We are ready to come & serve our solution for your financial needs at your School, Pre School or Sunday school.